Saturday, October 24, 2009

Self-esteem

At times, I am pretty convinced that I have all of these. I am not profiling myself simply. I guess, living for more than 2 decades, I have been able to identify my weaknesses...

  1. Social withdrawal
  2. Anxiety and emotional turmoil
  3. Lack of social skills and self confidence.
  4. Less social conformity
  5. Eating disorders
  6. Inability to accept compliments
  7. An Inability to see yourself 'squarely' - to be fair to yourself
  8. Accentuating the negative
  9. Exaggerated concern over what they imagine other people think
  10. Self neglect
  11. Worrying whether you have treated others badly
  12. Reluctance to take on challenges
  13. Reluctance to trust your own opinion
  14. Expect little out of life for yourself

Do you agree with me? Therefore, I concluded that I have a very low self-esteem. For anyone to be psychologically and physicaly healthy on an ongoing basis, there are a set of requirements that must be built into life. If I managed to fulfill these 9 checklist, I may boost up my confidence a little bit higher.. The need.. :

  1. to give and receive attention
  2. to taking care of the mind-body connection
  3. for meaning, purpose and goals
  4. for a connection to something greater than ourselves
  5. for creativity and stimulation
  6. for intimacy and connection
  7. for a sense of control
  8. for status
  9. for a sense of safety and security

I can be easily intimidated if I think others are better off. For instance, until today, I can hardly feel confident with how I look.I believed that I am one of the ugliest creature ever created by God. My hair is just everywhere, not in place. Visible bulges are noticable even from a 100 mile. You see!!!
I am too just another VERY VERY ORDINARY human being who hardly possesses any quality. Even when people are trying to assure me that I am just fine and that nobody is perfect, those assurances are meant to make me to be a little bit more comfortable living this harsh life..
I wonder why people choose beauty over the otherwise? (Stupid qn) Hahaha.. Naahhh.. I cant really blame others coz I myself admire beauty far more than mmmm.. u noe.. Eheh.. We think, I mean I think life is unfair. But, isn't it fair enough that everything is made in pairs?

No comments: