Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My first Kek Belacan..

Can't believe that I did bake a HAND-MADE cake!!! Hahaha.. Was craving for a GOOD, MOIST cake.. Did I say HAND-MADE? yea, it was HAND-MADE because I ruined the mixer, the two legs, haha.. The paddles I mean. Those who have baked a cake sure know the importance of an electric mixer.
I have to ensure that all the mixture were well-mixed and u noe how much time is needed and how much strength is required to continuously stir the mixture in one-way circular motion with your bare hand? When it grows ticker, ur effort has to b doubled, perhaps tripled. It aint easy. Our nenek last time must have a strong pair of arms, weren't they?
It was Kek Belacan that I baked. The raw materials worth half a hundred ringgit. 250g of Horlicks, a tablesppon of Ovalet, a can of Seri Kaya, 1 cup of sugar, 8 eggs, 1 and half cup of wheat flour, a can of skimmed milk, did I miss anything? Owh ya, browning sugar and cocoa powder which the latter I have forgotten to pour into the mixture.
Gosh, this part was hilarious. After I have done adding in the correct amount of wheat flour to the mixture, I found it wasnt thick at all and I cleverly decided to add in some more.. Not until everying was added, it was as thick as God-knows-how-thick. Hahaha..
Fine with my flagging am after stirring the thick gravy for nearly 30 minutes or so.. Next funny thing was that, I could not find the baking tin. I ended up pouring the mixture into the rice pot. The thick rice pot and placed it inside the steamer. Do not laugh yet!
After about 2 hours, I enthusiatically ran to the kitchen to check on my cake. It was steaming hot when I took the cap off the steamer. Then, when I poked the cake with a bamboo stick, it was still cold and owh gosh, sticky-muggy wet.. My bad! I then increased the heat to its max an after nearly 6 hours, my cake was ready. I dared not to try it not until the next morning.
Nahh.. It was a nice Kek Belacan though I have forgotten the cocoa powder. Not really satistying but a good one for the first-timer.. Haha.. I love it to be served chilled.. Still it is quite moist despite the extra wheat flour that I have added.
Anyway, it wasnt solely done by me actually. Some credit err some blame maybe (just kidding) should go to my mum for she guided me through. Haha.. Hey, cake-baking is as easy as 1, 2, 3 or A,B,C.. I will try another recipe when I am home this Nov..

7 comments:

QieYaH said...

try hati pari. aku ada resepi ya. original recipe gitu..hehe

Walt said...

Hahaha.. Nok campur kismis ya nak? Boleh juak.. Aku mok polah kek lumut.. NYAMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnn!!

ash_mirza said...

knak ka nak polah kek lumut??? hehe... tetiba je...

Walt said...

Maok ekot jejak Sheri.. Nyaman bah kek ya..

QieYaH said...

aokk.. hehe.. tp kismis bleh tuak dengan coklat.ehehe.. aok..kek lumut nang nyamann.. p sik tahan.. lepas polah mok makan cepat la..ehehe..gudluck

Anonymous said...

luvwalter.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here luvwalter.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research indicates that nearly 80% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.