Friday, October 16, 2009

Something for Faculty of Education to ponder..

I was indeed delighted by the invitation to attend Majlis Anugerah Dekan that prided itself in "MERAIKAN PELAJAR YANG MENERIMA ANUGERAH DEKAN" which is clearly stated on its tentative programme. It was said to begin at 12 pm, at Blik Bankuasi, Aras 2, Bangunan Canselori, UKM. I was pretty much convinced that this would be a grand event..
But, at the exact same time, I have a tutorial on Disourse and Pragmatics. Leaving the tutorial wouldn't be wise though. Let me think of something. Since I was so eager to come, I talked to Ash about it. Then, Ash and I tried to reshcedule our tutorial slot for Discourse and Pragmatics with Prof. Koo which we managed to, so that we could attend this award ceremony!
There I was, in front of Bilik Bankuasi. "Hmmm... Where are the rest?" 15 to 12pm. Uhuh.. "There they are." We were fortunate that we got ourselves a table. Looking at the place and the number of incresing guests, I wonder whether the tables are sufficient.
Shall I not mention what happen in between but straight to the point? Alright. Here we go.
Can u imagine, a room no way bigger than our lecture hall, (our lecture hall is way too big still to be compared to this bedroom-sized BANQUET HALL) is expected to accommodate a pool of guest more than 200?
Remember, this is an event to celebrate the deserving one. Let me quote again. "MERAIKAN PELAJAR YANG MENERIMA ANUGERAH DEKAN."And yet, those people who were being DIRAIKAN have no place to sit!!! Ok, that was not too bad, MAYBE! Shouldnt we be thankful that we are diraikan?? Furrrrlleeassseeee...
What about attending an event in which you are DIRAIKAN but you are about to leave that event with an empty, growling stomach? Ok, fine! Maybe tat is not too bad as well. Being thankful as we should, right?
Did I mention how long do we have to wait for the event to begin? The Dean made her appearance not untul 15 minutes before 1pm.. Glancing though the programme, she ought to be there at 12.10pm!
You see aa.. The waiting, the insufficient food, and the SPACIOUS venue (I meant it sarcastically OKAY!). Unexpectedly later, I was asked to reararrange the chair and put them back in place by Puan Gugu.. (Hehe... not the real name). Grrrrrrrrrrrr... I was the guest! yang DIRAIKAN, ok! If not for my respect for this helpful lady, I would have exploded..
Is that our FPEND standard?
Anyway, shall I extend my heartiest congratulations to those who have made it. We have another two semesters to go. Let's remain in the list for another 2 semesters and I do pray that in the next Dean's list, it shall witness the 25 of us B.Ed TESL Cohort 3, UKM-IPBL, all of us to be listed! We could do this! All the best for your final everyone!!!

No comments: