Saturday, October 3, 2009

The unsual journey...

When the least unexpected happened, it could either make your path to seventh heaven unwinding or it could do just the otherwise. As it was for me, last night was a bit unusual. It wasnt being properly planned but the hell with it, planned or unplanned, I ended up spending a night at Bukit Bintang after I watched Sorority Row at Alamanda Putrajaya. To be exact, I checked-in to Cube Hotel at around 1am for RM90.
Earlier that evening, I spent some splendid hours with Ash, Keah, Safa, Dya, Yanna and Sem at FPEND Raya Open House.. Enjoying lots of satay! We came a bit late and not much food left. But, since Ash and I have had one mission, I guess, the satay and nasi impit + kuah kacang that we savoured were indeed very gratifying!! The mission was to borrow the Raya decoration for the TESL Gala Aidilfitiri next Wednesday. Smart aren't we? The names mentioned abolve were also involved in our only-not-malu-people mission.
Alright, let's go back to the main story. The expreience was awkward. I rode a motorbike. I got lost. Visited Muzium Negara at around 11pm... I know what u hav in mind by now.. A visit to National Museum in the middle of the night? Only nuts would do that! You are right!! Muzium Negara was already closed. Yea it was but I wasnt a nut either. It wasnt a visit like most of the other tourists do. I needed to figure out the route to reach Bukit Bintang. And Muzium Negara was my pit stop. Hahaha..
I wasn't panic as the roadsigns were everwhere. It was just that I was freaking oblivious. I stopped by the roadside for a couple of times asking for direction since the roadsigns have failed to guide me through. I got to asked an Abang and a traffic policeman. Hahaha...
After about half an hour searching for my direction, I was finally there. I parked the motorbike in front of Berjaya Times Square and was asked for RM1 for protection (so-called). Refusing to create any chaos, I gave him his un-halal RM1. It was a public parking what! Well, that's how things work in KUALA LUMPUR!!
Wah!! I made it to Bukit Bintang. The scene was energetic. To my surprise, it was nearly 12 midnight but the place was so damn lively. Kewl.. Then, looking for place of eating was my next agenda. I resorted to eat at KFC.. WTF.. I came all along the way to BB just for KFC?? Haha.. Actually, other dining places were very inviting but they were crowded. KFC appeared to offer a more comfortable ambience. I ordered snack plate and chose to sit next to the glass wall to enjoy the view of the night life of BB.
I could barely finish the chickens. Hmmm.. But I did anyway.. It was RM10.25 what! Hu3.. What's next? I decided to stroll along Jalan Bukit Bintang.
And yeah, I was offered u noe-wat service! "Cari amoi?" "Mau enjoy?" "Mau sex?" (for the more daring one!) Those were among the must-ask question when you walk along the street of BB. Dont be paranoid. I was stunned too at first. But, slowly, ahh.. I let it passed by my ear simply.
Thinking of going to a lounge, a bar or any night club. But, let me spare the thought at any other time. Wasnt there for clubbing purposes. And not surprising that I soon found myself in the state of boredom. Maybe it would be a sound idea to get myself a place to stay. I went in and out almost every budget inn or hotel. Looking for the best that worth every Ringgit offered. And Cube Hotel it was finally. Though the room was pratically small, but it provided me with every neccessity. Attached bathroom, a comfortable single bed, a towel, a small LCD TV were more than enough for a one night stay. I enjoyed the hot water bath.
I wake up at 15 before 10 the next morning. After taking a 10-mnute shower, I cleared my bill and dashed out of the hotel as I made my steps to Sungei Wang for breakfast and later to Pavillion and Times Square. I took 2 roti telur and hot Horlicks for breakfast. Regretted that I took so much roti. The taste was fine. Just that, 2 ROTI TELUR.. Let's do the calorie count here...
Nothing much to be seen and my watch showed me it was 3pm already. Time to go 'home' I supposed. After taking my dinner at Times Square Food Court, I made my journey to UKM. What an experience!!