Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pork

Pardon me if you find this entry offensive. I am not being disrespectful, ya. I would only love to share with you one of my favourite dishes. Something that is culturally significant. Something that I have been fed with since I was a baby. Something that I really enjoy. Let's read this in that spirit, shall we?
And yea, if you find the accompanying pictures nauseating and gross, you better pray that I will be coming up with another entry because every time you visit this blog, shall there no new entry right after this one, you would have to view those pictures again. I would like to apologize for one last time shall this entry cause you any form of discomfort.
Obviously, his entry would mingle around pork-related cuisine. I said earlier that pork is culturally significant. Being an Iban, pork slaughtering is common. It served as an offering for the blessing we received. During Gawai or any festivity, the shrieking pig marks that there would be a feast to be held.

From left: Me, my uncle, my grandpa, my father and Adrian at a Christmas party.

When we have this family get-together, the aromatic roasted pork is no stranger. The crunchy, tender, hot, roasted pork is best served with chilled beer or icy wine. Don't worry about the calorie. The wine will have to shed some.
Besides, I love pork leg soup very much! My mum will prepare it for me the day I am home from a land far away. This super delicious gastronomy is hard to find in Semenanjung. So, home is the only place where I could enjoy this enticing and alluring quick-and-easy-to-prepare stew.
Another one which is irrefutable is bamboo pork. It would give you an exquisite dining experience. Every slice and every piece of pork cooked in a bamboo tastes so magical. It is so slimy, so delicate and so fragrant. I would like to pay a gratitude towards our Mother Nature for this very earthly sensational food preparation.

My last home-roasted pork. Prepared the day before I left for my final sem in UKM

Pork pau is just another blessing. Now, I have to fight this intense feeling and want to have one. It is so juicy and undeniably mouth-watering specially when it is steamy. Its companion, which is the siew mai is another unbelievable fine Chinese delicacy. One is not enough. I would go for another.

Gold Happiness Restaurant's Pork Stew stuffed in pau (One of the dishes for Angel's 3rd birthday)

Pork-based Dim Sum is available at Dai Chiong, Kajang.. But, the place is so far away from UKM.

In love with siew mai...

Everyone at home loves eating pork and I think it runs in the family of course. All of us are meat eaters and I am trying to cut down on meat and have more green vegs. Haha.. Let's work it out in the next lifetime..

Angel, enjoying her roasted pork at Sungai Stras in Bintangor.

No comments: