Saturday, January 16, 2010

No man is an island?

I beg to differ. The reputation of an island is badly tarnished by this overrated cliche. I would rather become a man of an island than to be a man who lived in a continent with people who looked best in their deceiving mask . Let me justify. Why a retreat to an island when the saying says no man is an island? I know. I am now playing with the language. Let's get back to our business, if you are OK with it?
Alright. An island is a place where we may escape the hectic life of the urban area. An island is place where we may dip our body and soul into a crystal clear, heavenly-blue sea water for replenishing. It is a place that has attracted a pool of people from every part of the world. It is a place that offer endless tranquil and excellent comfort. While I enjoy what our mother nature has to offer, I may sustain my living with the currency exchange that the tourist generously contribute.
So, what is so bad to become a man of an island when you have the over-pouring joy and serenity all around you? Perhaps you fear the tsunami. LOL.. But, where natural catastrophic is concern, let it be for it will wash away all the dirt that people have brought in to the island. For later, we will witness the emerging of helpful body to assist those in need.
Let me make myself clearer. In a person, there is a beauty that only with bare eyes you can't see. Have you ever thought why an island is a hot spot for soul-cleansing? Because of its inner beauty, right? Now, maybe you are wondering why is an island placed so far from the land? Isolated from the civilization and intelligence. It is to keep its magic and charm unscathed. Well, what I am trying to say is, if a person has chosen to keep a distance from certain party, it is not s much because he is anti-social or something. Consider that he has to maintain his self-worth. I am proud to be one; a man of an island!

2 comments:

QieYaH said...

:D *thumbs up* babeh

Dewi Hiu bt. Iskandar Hiu said...

I like the last few lines... Walter! "Why u're trying so hard to fit in, if u're born to stand out?!" Right? Don't be afraid to be the unique u!