Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kampua & Kolok


Kampua yang I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Kolok yang I missssssssssssssssssss

These two simple and lovely dishes are a must-try if you are in Sarawak. Those two, kampua especially are my staple food. Kampua is popular among the Sibu community while the latter is Kuchingites' favourite. I don't mind having both everyday for either breakfast, lunch or dinner or may be for my late supper. Never get bored. I love each more and more each day.
Unfortunately, these two simply irresistible noodles are not available in Peninsular Malaysia. Even Hakka mee or mi kicap that they have here tastes very dissimilar. I am not sure whether either one is delicious. Barely sufficient to just fulfill the killing desire to enjoy kampua and kolok.
How then would I be able to satisfy my craving? Only if a friend in Sarawak could deliver those two via snail mail and only if they would arrive fresh, I definitely would make a call asking anyone to do me this favour. For the mean time, I could only stare at the two pictures above and imagine that I am enjoying them. Right now, I could even smell it! Gosshhhhh!!!! I am salivating like a dog...

2 comments:

LovelyEyna said...

love the last statement!!! welcome to the pack! ;p hahahahaha... ;p

Walt said...

Too early for that warm welcome.. In case u hav forgotten, tat is wat we call simile. U hav to bite me to turn me into one.. Woof2..