Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do you want to be me?

I could be easily intimidated if I realized that others are a bit better than I am. I would feel so small despite of my physique that is way bigger than some of those sometimes.. Hehe.. At such a time, I would secretly plead and wishfully and truly and really pray that I have what that person has. When I looked at myself again, I would then shamefully realize that I could only dream. Dreaming of the impossible.
I hate it when people say NOTHING is impossible if you work for it. Are you sure? This sort of false alarm could be catastrophic, you know. It leads people to think that they could be just anything. So, they would be working with their might and will and push themselves towards the very edge which later they may find themselves falling into a very deep hole. We ought to realize that certain things are not meant for us. But, I am not suggesting that we shall not work hard to achieve our dream. I am saying that we work it out reasonably. Work smart!
Anyway, what is my worth? When I walked in a crowd, would there be a moment in which people got their eyes transfixed and glued at me? Would they be secretly whispered to themselves saying "HOW I WISH THAT I AM HIM." Would they even care to turn their head just to have a second glance at me? I doubted that.
I don't even know how to hold the drumsticks properly. I can't pluck the guitar or enthusiastically hit the drums like my brother. I don't have the heart of my doting sister or my loving mother and the brain of my wise father.
I am not good at sports. I can't skillfully play football like Rifky or play badminton competently like Dya or play basketball expertly like Jimmy or jump capably like Tofeq. Neither am I kinesthetically prudent. I can't dance gracefully like Sapri and Dalila or sing mesmerisingly like Haldeah.
I can't debate glibly like Sheela or Dewi. I am not as smart as Semry or Harni or Kim. I am not good at computer like Syahwan, Dylan or Robin. Not even as confident as Ashairi and Nieza or Sasha. I can't even act evocatively as well as Keah. My writing skill is nothing close to Alyana or Ina or Nana. I am not as determined as Safa or Alex.
An all-rounder man is what I always dream of. Not too late though I realized that I just can't have my hand at everything...

2 comments:

LovelyEyna said...

you've read my latest entry, haven't you? :) i think the same concept applies :) we love you the way you are!!! i love you the way you are! you can only work at improving yourself!!! :) count all the little, little, not to mention the big, big blessings that you have!!! :) you're one very lucky guy!!! ;) good luck, dear! :)

Walt said...

Yea, I did.. I am recalculating my worth.. Hehe.. Thanks, yea.