Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Being the minority and the silence majority

Maybe you the majority never have the privilege to feel how it is like to be oppressed or marginalized. Superficially, everything is seemingly and deceivingly fine. Mainly because, we the minority are denied the freedom of speech. Once we said anything against the mainstream, we would risk our tomorrow behind the bar. Justice can never be prevailed. You say there is justice because it is available for only you and never for us.

Concept after concept, ideology after one another are being introduced and propagated. Does it help? Only for the benefit of you and not us. That is the truth that you will never admit. So what? What has it done for me? I can very well choose the country that I will swear my allegiance to. I want a country that will recognize me as a citizen and grant me rights EQUAL to that of all other citizens. I want a country that has the wisdom to recognize my potential and talents and reward me ACCORDINGLY despite my RACE, MY RELIGION and MY BELIEF. I want a country where the government fears its people and conducts itself in a manner worthy of respect and honour.

Unfortunately, respect is one thing that Malaysian learn the hardest. When lots of so-called sensitive issues are wise not to be openly discussed (as how we have been taught of for years), however, when the majority unfairly condemned and criticized others very vulgarly, it would be OK. But, wait! If it is done by the others, surely, it would become the headline of the leading news publisher. You would be witnessing protest after protest. They have so much privilege bad-mouthing what others belief and at the slightest provocation, given a choice, they could burn you down if you dare to question their belief and their EXCLUSIVE right.

I have listened to lots of S*** which was made audible enough to reach my already-aching eardrum while I was waiting for a bus ride to a town one evening, quoting ONLY one of the what-do-you-expect incidences. I was dumbfounded that this privileged respectable man could come out with such an insensitive sermon which is very audible from a respectable institution. It was a very provoking statement that he made. It wasn't anything but an insult. Dearly wish that I have it recorded. He openly slashed those who were not of his cohort. If I have it recorded, I shall have it heard nation-wide. But, I knew for sure that I would be immediately detained instead of him who started it first.

I can't find the strength and energy to fight for these bunch of people. How many actually held mass protests, hunger strikes or rose up to defend us the underprivileged? None that I know of. Yet we the minority continue to support these *&^%^ blindly. Till when will I follow submissively and obediently? Till when?

So much they wanted to stand for themselves, so do WE! And hahaha.. I could now listen to you saying that I am very unppreciative and ungrateful. But, you never know and will never ever know how it is like to be US..

No comments: