Sunday, January 17, 2010

My only BLooD BROTHER


What is a brother's place in a family? To a younger brother, he may be a guide to help traverse the complicated path of growing up. To an older brother, a little brother may be seen as a tag along and pain in the neck. As much as siblings squabble when they are young, this is not a sign that they do not love each other. Most siblings would lay down their life for each other if someone threatened their sibling. As children grow up they usually find it easier to get along and relate to each other in rewarding ways.
Arthur, I know sometimes I may whine. But deep down I really find you somewhat divine. You are smarter than you think. Smarter than me in so many ways, wiser than you know of yourself. You have experienced pains and joys, some twice your age. Those make you three times the man. I could be no prouder, no matter what occurs, no matter what is said or done, I will never be too far away, no matter the distance.
Surprising indeed, I miss the loud music coming our shared room or when you are with your laptop. I miss the way we fought and played. I miss seeing your big bright smile. I miss getting kicked. I miss seeing you here and there. I miss cooking you breakfast, lunch and dinner. I miss hearing you come in at night. I miss you tickling my belly. I miss you laying beside me and remain there though I push you away. I miss making you wear your seat belt and ordering you to drive more precautiously. I miss you with all my might. I miss the way we would fight. I miss my brother.
Arthur, at this age of yours, I DO TRULY UNDERSTAND that certain things may not be as easy as it may seem. The pressure, our expectation, people's hope; each may be unbearable. At that time, do not quite yet choose an easy way out. Let it go properly. Channel it wisely.
Neither my life or yours is easier. We have a different story to tell. Whatever that may cross our path in any stage of our lives, we shall deal with it sensibly. Remember, NEITHER MY LIFE OR YOURS IS EASIER...

No comments: