Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Intonation

I did my very first presentation for my final semester yesterday. It was on the "Intonation" for Dr. Salleh's Practical Contrastive and Error Analysis weekly, topical presentation. The preparation was not as grandeur but delicately done. I was blessed to be surrounded by three other EXCELLENT brains or otherwise you will find me drowning. Thanks, Dya! Thank you, Yanna! and Thanks, Ina!
We were left clueless and hardly found our focus when we first attempted to lay out our presentation. There was no specific instruction. Dya said this, Yanna said this and Ina said that. I too say something else.. Hahaha.. It was like a blind man guiding another blind man. We then, decided on consulting the lecturer to ensure that we were on the right track after we decided on the two possible drafts. Even then, I was not sure whether it was a consultation or mmmm...
I could not be more nervous than I was before my presentation. I asked a few friend to place their hands on my left chest to feel my accelerating heart beat. That was not phenomenal though because it is just a part of me before any of my presentation. I was sickly nervous and was thrilled that I could overcome it the moment the first word exploded from my system. Phewww..
I guess I have given it my best shot. Overall, I am satisfied with our group presentation. I understand that we have lots more to improve. Will be working on that towards a more engaging clear and informative presentation.
Though I was a bit frustrated by the unassuming comment but, we were not at fault. We were not informed of what he really wanted and precisely there was not guidance whatsoever. When the expectation was not met, so, lu pikir la sendiri.. So, as a future teacher, I will be more careful in designing an instruction. It must be simple, clear, precise, free from any form of ambiguity and self-regulated.
And thanks to my die-hard fan and ever supportive friends for being so helpful. Without your cheer and positive responses, I would not be able to present calmly and successfully(hopefully).

No comments: