Monday, March 8, 2010

Porridge

I LOVE PORRIDGE... Ever since my mum invented her very luscious porridge with the recipe only known to her, I couldn't spare a day without savouring bowls after bowls of porridge. It was addictive. Now, I want to bring those good old days to life again so badly. But, the best I could is to go along with every single memory that I have in mind with a smile. Wow.. I can now smell her aromatic chicken porridge. I can almost feel it going down my throat delicately. Every serving spoon tastes so magnificent that I could always go for another bowls.
Ironically, my grandpa told me once that taking porridge as a meal is ill-advised. He claimed that it contributed hardly a thing but to make you grow weaker. How could a bowl of porridge become so ridiculously unhealthy when it is richly prepared with cubes of chicken, racks of eggs, freshly plucked vegs and all sorts of mushroom available on the land and sea? I have yet to include ginger, onion and other spices that make a bowl of porrifge a wholesome, hale and hearty serving.
Grandpa? Shall you now raise your white flag or is it too heavy still that you can't even lift it up? Hehehe.. Maybe the one that grandma prepares for you with soy sauce added is disappointing. But, you have not tried my mum's. You would without doubt become the No.1 porridge fan even at your first sip. Then, you could only wish that you have given it a try much much much earlier... LOL..

4 comments:

LovelyEyna said...

ne bubur kmk, ne? :))

H said...

walter ko.. dahla kmk ngidam bubur tok, cerita gik hhal bubur.. hish...

Walt said...

Kmk pegi makan bubur ikan malam tek... Terlerai sengsara dalam diri ini!!!

Walt said...

Owh, Sasha.. I have been craving for bubur for like ages far before ur entry was written.. So, it is u to be blame instead for intensifying my wants to enjoy a bowl of delicious porridge.. Bulak jak bah.. Pegi bubur McD nun gak..