Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sharing

I asked a very dear and true buddy, Robin about an issue just now. I asked him how would he feel if the world is made known of a fuzz that is happening between you and the other. Consider this situation. C and D is trapped in a trying moment. While C is keeping mum, D finds it uneasy to sit still and decided to share the burden with the others.
C was astounded when a friend came up and asked whether everything was alright. Hardly enjoy the relief from the sudden shock, another friend threw C with the similar question which was just another bombshell. When another one came up, C felt that D has just crossed the line. To be honest, Mr. C is none other than me and I guess I better left the identity of D undisclosed.
Robin, however told me that everyone has the right to share the burden with anyone whom one is comfortable with. I slowly realized that I should respect that right.
Anyway, let me justify why do I feel devastated. Simply because, I think that my pride is hurt. I feel that my image is ruined. Would people find me disgusting at the slightest sight of me? Would they find me disgraceful and demeaning? I however would not come out on defense. I have little or in fact nearly zero interest to come out with a counter-statement.
Anyhow, do not get the wrong idea here. I AM NOT SAYING that I am not at fault. Neither do I making a claim that whatever is said against or about me is the bible truth. I am interested only in pointing out this trivial thought of mine. And yeah, it has come to my realization that EVERYBODY has THE RIGHT to go in halves with someone on just about everything under the sun. Shame on me for denying that very basic right of a person. Then, what is a friend for, am I not right?

No comments: