Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sharing is caring?

I guess, I am not the one and only who is tested with this headache. Maybe, the way we handle it is dissimilar. However, I am quite certain as well that some of us may choose this same way; SHARING.
Have you ever felt that your friend becomes unexpectedly bothersome at a point of time? What would you do? Maybe for someone who is blunt and blessed with a cold heart, he would find it the best to strike while the iron is flaming hot. But, for the lily-livered and spineless person like me, I would prefer to keep whatever aggravation to myself, fear that my words may affect my relationship with the one whom it may concern. Thus, I would cross my finger and pray that time would heal.
Nevertheless, when I found that the apprehension is uncontainable, I would then turn to someone to carve up my trepidation. Every so often, I wonder whether what I did was right. It may seem that I am bad-mouthing a person when my only intention is to spill everything out from my system before I lost my mind. Hence, there are two consequences that I have to bear. First, I may ruin my own image. Second, I may ruin the image of the person that I talked about. Do you feel this way too when you share what you feel with others?
My other concern when it comes to sharing is that I may sometimes make a wrong move. I trust a person so much that I reveal everything simply. I give too much details that in the end I feel horrible about it. Sigh... You know how it feels when you are heated, right? You would be surprised with some of the imprudent words you have just uttered to express your exasperation.
To keep the tense building up is like committing suicide. It is like activating a time bomb. To let it all out in front of another person would open up your words to another thousands of interpretation. What I fear the most is whatever I have said would be manipulated and used against me irresponsibly.
Honestly, I am sharing my difficulty because I need another heart that would listen. I yearn for a heart to console my derelict spirit. What I do not need is a tongue that judges and an eye that condemns.

No comments: