Monday, March 15, 2010

Wordsmith but why?

This entry is not a written tribute to En. Salleh. Chances are however, if he got to steal a quick glance at the title, if he would, he might as well think that the rest of this entry is very much Error Analysis-related or Antconc-like for that matter of fact. Sir, don't you look too highly on me because I have very little interest in the subject that you take pride in. Let's go straight to the point.
So, people, this is the real issue that I would love to bring your attention to. I remember writing something on the power of WORDS. If I am not mistaken, I mentioned something sounded like "brutal words could kill and ridicule while nice words could comfort the broken soul." Now, when I look at it again CLOSELY, NICE WORDS may not necessarily heal and cure.
What it does may be terrifying. Its unforeseen devilish potential is far-reaching. People could be so compellingly reassured especially if such a line comes out from those who are gifted with Shakespearean-like-God-sent-talent.
Take this for example, "God must have a better plan for you and me." This beautiful line does make you feel good, doen't it? The consoling sentiment is obvious that THE GOD would work on HIS MAGIC in HIS MOST MYSTERIOUS way. Fine... But, if YOU and I refuse to at least initiate something, how on earth would YOU and I be able to get things done or solved? If we leave entirely everything for God to handle, believing that HE knows what is best for you and I, just dream on. We will go nowhere.
And, has it ever occured to you that God wants this things to ever happen at the first place? Has it ever occured to you that the culprit is none other than our ignorance or conceit? While we choose to acknowledge that everything happens with a reason, DO WE EVEN CARE TO RECOGNISE THAT SOMETHING DOES NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN IF WE DO NOT WANT IT TO?
Similarly, you and I also find our solace by writing a line or two as an asurance that everything, EVERYTHING will be alright and it is just a matter of time. While words may be so calming, don't be surprised if by the end of the day, you would LOST EVERYTHING, E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G that you hold so dear. Maybe you should reconsider compromising...


No comments: