Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Acting

I love watching live drama performances or drama series on TV. The ability of those gifted actors and talented actresses juggling with not only their emotion but importantly, the audience has never failed to astonish me. They can move us to tears and within split seconds, they could make us smile again. Along the way, we get mad, we laugh and we cry with them.
I, on the other hand is not at all a good actor. My anxiety increases because we are required to come out with a drama staging by the semester-end for Drama in Language Teaching course. My group member trusted me that I could carry a character very well. I am not certain whether I could deliver as well as they expected. This sort of expectation has further accelerated my apprehension to the max. Moreover, the fact that the mark would be awarded collectively makes me aware that I have a REAL RESPONSIBILITY here. I do not want to be the scapegoat, the one who caused our mark to be cut back on.
Truthfully, I feel the character that I am assigned to is a bit too BIG for me. I have a very little, nearly zero faith that I could translate what I have in mind beautifully. Thus, when I was given an honour to write a script on an act which features me as one of the actors, I was trying to come out with some lines that typically portrays and mirrors my day-to-day conversation. So that, I would not have too much difficulties in readjusting to the demand of the play. I am now hoping that it will work the way I imagined it would.
Other than script-writing and acting, I am also responsible for our advertising. At least I am accountable for something that I am really familiar with. I am now looking for inspiration to produce a very catchy and informative brochure etc. I will utilise every bit and shred of knowledge that I have and years of experience to come out with a WOW one. So far, this is manageable.
Anyhow, anyway, I believed every other person in my group will be more than willing to assist me in my undertaking to become an OK if not an excellent actor. This is going to be an exciting roller-coaster ride. It will be a worthwhile one. A great way to end this semester and my uni life, I pray.


2 comments:

QieYaH said...

heyheyhey.u'r an actor once. one of the main actors gik ya.abng bunut ku.hehehe. u can do it babe.. mek org akan sapot..dont worry..have faith..wuhoo

Walt said...

Makseh Keah.. I need THAT.. hehe..