Thursday, February 18, 2010

CNY Holiday

I just can't believe that it's Thursday already. I thought this one week holiday would be giving me a kind of a heartache and headache. I thought it would be a holiday blues. Surprisingly, I went through each day peacefully. Each day is filled with different activities. I tried a lot of new things.
On Thursday and Friday the previous week, I was occupied with sending people off to the airport. In fact, the week prior to last week, dropping people at the airport has begun. I was teary. Who likes to be left alone while every other friends of yours are heading home? Enough said. Unexpectedly, home-away this holiday is not as bad as I have imagined.
Last Saturday, I went out with Sharon and Ted, my all buddies. We have not been meeting each other for nearly 6 years. We met up at KLCC. Planning to visit the Sky Bridge but the ticket was not available. We should have come earlier. But, never mind. We have a lot to catch up and we sat at the park exchanging stories. Then, we decided to go to Bukit Bintang. We had our dinner at The Ship and it was splendid. I tried their Sizzling Steak and I would not hesitate to award it with two-thumb up. Later, before we proceed to enjoy some dessert at Secret Recipe, we went strolling along the famous BB Street.The real fun was about to kick off. It was 2100 when we stepped into a club. It was the best entertainment outlet in Malaysia, Funtheque and we were entertained by the best live band, "Freemix." The show, the ambiance and the music were spectacular. I DANCED and I DRANK but I wasn't drunk. We shared a barrel of chilled Tiger beer.It was nearly 3am that we decided to leave and took a cab home. I stayed at their place and only went back to UKM the next morning. The morning after was, hahahahahaha.. but, I managed to reach my room in one piece, unharmed.
Came Sunday. The most awaited evening!! It was a night of miracle. 2 stars and a MEGASTAR would be sharing the stage for Konsert Satu Suara. The concert was expectantly breathtaking. Come on! The concert featured two award-winner, Aizat and Faizal Tahir and Malaysia loveliest songbird, Dato Siti Nurhaliza. I was so thrilled and elevated. Surely, my animated companions were as excited as I was. Dya, Yanna, Nana and I started our journey to Istana Budaya as early as 5pm because we were not really acquainted to the place. We claimed our tickets and we filled our growling stomach at McD before indulging ourselves with the high-class performance!Entering Panggung Sari, I could feel the vibe already. I could feel that the night would be a great night and I was not surprised to find out later that it was indeed glorious, outstanding and terrific. The momentum from the beginning till the very end was extravagant!!! No regret for purchasing a RM123 ticket. Furthermore, our seats were the fourth row from the stage. I don't have to tell you how privileged we were for such a magnificent view from our seat. Before we headed home, we went for a delightful supper at A&W. Owh, how I love their rootbeer!!And, it was already Monday! At around 12 in the afternoon, Dya, Yanna, Keah and I went to Alamanda for our lunch and a movie. The movie, "True Legend" was a bit upsetting. Not too bad but would not recommend you to watch it. Do not be fool by the big names like Jay Chow and Michelle Yeoh. It was merely the strategy to woo the movie-goer like me only. After the movie, it was time to bid Keah goodbye. We dropped her at Putrajaya Sentral. Hers homecoming was unplanned. Her husband-to-be bought her a return ticket from KL to Kuching at the eleventh hour and before she knew it, home she was at night.
It had been a long day and I was soundly asleep after returning our rented car at 6pm. When I woke up at about 8, I felt really hungry and was thinking of trying out a new dining place. Sapri was reluctant at first because initially he wanted to go to McD but I insisted to go to San Francisco Pizza instead. We invited Ambun along as well as Mr & Mrs. Dya. I was extremely relieved that everybody LOVED their meal. In fact, we planned to come again!! I picked up a right place and I am glad that I did.
The night was still young. So going back would be daunting. We spent a long hour at Salam behind Fariz for a very very interesting sharing. Before the sunrise, we headed back to UKM. And the next day was Tuesday. We went out for our late lunch at McD since our cafe provided us with nothing but the gravy and the thick sauce with countable pieces of uninviting meats. Later at night, I got to enjoy my mum's home cooked delicacies. Thanks to Jimmy for taking the trouble to bring me the meal all the way from Sibu. I am indebted to you Jimmy. My mum prepared me her signature glutinous rice with chicken, grilled fish, roasted pork and hot dog. My father bought me kampua too. The dinner was just GREAT!!!Though I am ocean apart from home, it was unbelievable that I got to enjoy those scrumptious dinner here in UKM.
I decided that I shall rest on Wednesday. It's movie time. Why bother going to a cinema when I have a plenty in my external hard disk. Thanks, Keah for the movies. I have made a wise move asking for her benevolence to transfer some movies and drama series into my hard disk.
Today is Thursday. Only four days left before the semester continues. So far, I enjoyed my 'stay' in Kolej Tun Hussein Onn. Glad that I do.

2 comments:

Nana said...

woot!!! that's me....hehe. Once again, thank you walter!!!

Walt said...

Adoi.. You have thanked me sufficiently, Nana.. In fact, you owe me nothing. We did that together remember!!! I am so doubly happy that you are happy.. MMMuuuuaaahhhhh