Monday, February 1, 2010

My longhouse


This is my longhouse. It is known as Rumah Api, Ulu Katibas, Song. Reachable after nearly half-a-day boat ride from Song. This is where my mum was raised alongside with her eight other siblings. If you have never seen a place like heaven, this could be it. Free from any urban influenced, the mother nature will warmly welcome anyone here bigheartedly.
Obviously, what you may reasonably expect is a place with no modern facility. No expensive TV or comfy couch. Everything is so humble. If bugs are among others that trouble you, maybe that should be taken off of your mind. You would find this place incredible despite its modest setting and unassuming condition. You would however find yourself rejuvenated and refreshed. The air is so clean and untainted. No screaming and screeching sound of the cars or lorries.
I have been here for only once during the post-PMR break. I could remember vividly how cold the water was back then. The chilled night. Freshly caught fish from the stream. Freshly harvested vegetables from the nearby plantation. Hunting. Picnic and BBQ by the stream. Boat riding. Fresh fruits. Owh ya. It was durian season and durian it was for my breakfast, lunch and dinner. You know how DURIAN KAMPUNG tastes like. Yea, it was HEAVENLY. Wish that I could come back 'home' again.
The overall journey was thrilling and emotional. It was an entirely new experience and adventure for a person who lived in an urban setting. You would get to wonder how could those villagers sustain a living in such a very very inconspicuous place? It was emotional too because I am not sure when would I be able to come back to my origin.
More snapshots for you. A credit to http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?p=677327. Thanks for these lovely photos, dude.







No comments: