Thursday, April 29, 2010

Apasal plak?

“Kat maner?” “Saye tak tau aah..” “U takde ke mase tue?” “Ape dier?” “Siape?”Hahahaha.. I somehow miss listening to people speaking in this dialect. It has been nearly 2 weeks since I left UKM. My eardrums are so used to “mane,” “saye,” “ape dier”and“yer” already that I found myself laughing when I listen to my own language or local dialect being spoken. English is hardly heard other than from the radio that I am listening to and the movies or few English Channels that I am watching. Fortunate enough, we are also subscribed to the local English newspapers. At least, I am not completely detached from the second language that I was studying intensively for the past 6 years. While English is not so frequently spoken within my house compound, I am also grateful that the passion to continue blogging in English is not fading. Otherwise, I have no other avenue to practice my second language.

No comments: