Monday, April 5, 2010

Sibu Affair


I was pretty much occupied the instant my flight AK5192 safely touched down at Sibu Airport at 0840. My pa and my bro, Babun picked me up. Robin joined us too. My pa thoughtfully asked us whether we would love to go for a breakfast first. Though Robin and I were still very full after heavy supper and breakfast at LCCT, having breakfast in Sibu sounded so thrilling. It has been a while, you know! Eheh.. Unfortunately, Robin said that he was sorry that he could not join us for our morning meal. His sister was on her way picking her up at Farley Food Court. Hmmm.. Next time, yea.


I slept the entire afternoon. I woke up only when my mum reached home from work. We then went out for grocery shopping. She later treated us over a scrumptious high tea. Thanks, mum!!! A bit later in the evening, we went to King's Trioplex to watch "Clash of the Titans!!" Thought of watching "How to To Teach A Dragon?" too but, it was a little too late already. Furthurmore, I was still very tired from my flight home. I went to bed unsually early that night.
The next morning came so much sooner. Suppossedly, I joined my parents for marketing. Sorry, folks. Just second after I opened my eyes, my mum rang me up asking for what I wanted for my breakfast.. See, when in Sibu, it is always about food. Hahahaahhaha..
Owh ya.. Saturday it was and later in the afternoon, I would have to attend an event; Clemence Joys' s Second Album Launching at Rejang Restaurant. By the way, he is my pa's youngest bro. He is a teacher by profession and singing is just his thing. Well, he asked me to become the emcee.
Shooooootttt.. I better got my script ready as the auspicious event would also be attended by YB. Dato Sri William Mawan Ikom, the Minister for Social and Urbanization Ministry alongside with Mr. Paul Igai, Political Secretary with the Chief Minister Office Sarawak and Sibu Municipal Council Chairman, Cr. James Laju. I must say that the event went pretty well. I danced and guess I have had a fantastic afternoon.
Gosh, I was so drunkard that I have to ask my mum to drive me home. She was not really please by the fact that her angellic son was heavily drunkard. Sorry, mummy! My pa and my bro would be going home on their own because we came with two cars. Furthurmore, my mum wanted to attend an Easter Mass at Sacred Heart Cathedral later at 9pm with her sister who came to visit us. Thought I would be able to join them but when I woke up with growling stomach, it was nearly 1am already. I sheepishly walked down the staircase. I was surprised that my auntie and my mum were still wide awake.
Sunday. I woke up early because I need to send my auntie to the Wharf. She needed to catch 0545 boat express. We made it anyway. hehehe.. Anyway, my bro would be going back to Kuch at 1130am later. So, my mum as she always did, prepared few delicacies to bid my bro farewell. We enjoyed roasted pork, roasted chicken wings, roasted hotdog, pansuh and so much more. Another simple, but lovely feast. Goodbye, bro. Wish you could join me here for the rest of the week.
Today, it is Monday!!! I have the house to myself. I am home alone. My parents are working. Will only be seeing them after 5pm. I feel so lonely.. I have just taken my lunch. And now what? Hmmmm...
Last night, I watched Anugerah Bintang Popular 2009 on TV3. Extremely happy that Dato Siti Nurhaliza grabbed two AWARDS home; BINTANG WANITA POPULAR (for 14 consecutive years) and BINTANG PALING POPULAR (her historical 7th with 225 300 votes). You are the best! Let us celebrate this merriment for so many years to come. Let us be here again for the next 15 years. You are truly, unmistakable legendary DIVA!!! The one and only Malaysia No.1 songbird!! Way to go songstress, sweetheart!!! Will always be there for you.

No comments: