Saturday, April 17, 2010

Too quick

I hate myself for this! Judging emotionally. Criticizing injudiciously. Thus, what I say at sheer frustration and anger may not represent what I genuinely think and feel. However, the need to let go has blinded me completely. I could only hope the person I am sharing my agony, my rage and my resentment with would understand my state of emotion. While I may say whatever hurtful words under the sun, when I manage to calm myself down, I would feel really like a dumb ass. But, I can't keep it piling up inside my system you see.
Words are very important. Words can heal and words can harm. Words can hurt grievously and for a long time. The tongue can bless and the tongue can curse. It is very important for me to control my words and tame my tongue when I am angry.
Many times, when I am angry I say the most atrocious things. I become indifferent to what I say. I blast the other person without mercy, although I may not mean those words. But words once spoken cannot be taken back and it takes a long time to forgive and forget. I have to exercise self-control. I particularly prone to such outbursts when I get mad. But it is not an easy thing to control my tongue when I am provoked, boiled over with anger or have outburst of wrath.
Uncontrollable words spoken in anger can have devastating effect. Angry words, that are used unwisely, such as “I don’t care,” ”I can’t be bothered,” “I don’t need you,” or “you can go to hell” cause pain and feelings of rejection. They give rise to insecurity. The unmeant and foolish words contain full of deadly poison and can play havoc in the mind. The unruly words get churned over for hours on end and create their worst mischief in a difficult relationship. It can take a very long time to forgive what was said.
Let I learn to turn away from angry words before they leave my mouth and try to say healing words instead in such a trying time when I am greatly tested.


No comments: