Monday, April 26, 2010

Stay positive

I went to a car accessories shop yesterday to get a professionally installed window film for my parents' car alongside with a set of fog lamp. Everything was completed only after a long four hours. The waiting was not torturing though. When I reached home later that night, it was a necessity to make sure that the gate has been properly locked. Car security has always been our utmost priority too.
Only then I realized that our newly-bought steering lock was nowhere to be found. I asked my father whether he took it outside of the car. He said he did not. Well, the lock cost him RM1++. He was obviously distraught and frustrated. There was a possibility that the steering lock could have been stolen while I left the car at the accessories shop to go for a drink at a next door coffee shop. I calmed him down by telling him that it could be taken out because the workers needed some space to complete the wiring for the fog lamp. Maybe they have forgotten to put it back underneath the driver's seat. I told him that I'll go to the shop again the next morning.
I went there after I got my household chores done this morning. I was welcomed with a bright smile. The shop owner asked me whether I was looking for our steering lock. It was perfectly and neatly kept in a box on the counter. You see. THAT IS MY POINT. While it is hard to trust people, believe me, there is still a hint of honesty and integrity within our society. Above all, in any case of uncertainty, do not make speculation one after another. It will never get things any better. What is does is only to increase your anxiety.

2 comments:

Robin Wong said...

i agree. even if it was stolen, there is no point of dragging our frustrations for a long time. it would be at our lost if we did. of course, a split second of frustration is unavoidable, bcoz we are human being...stay cool always..that is the point...=)

Walt said...

U r just right man!!! Thanks..