Friday, April 24, 2009

Why living in your dark past?

I wrote about second chances sometimes ago. And I still believe that everyone does need their second chances as long as they are still breathing. It is a necessary tool to continue surviving. It is not easy to practically forgive and forget the ordeal and the tribulation that one has caused you.
However, let us look at it from a brighter perspective. Why are you letting yourself to suffer more when in fact you can actually free yourself from your disturbing past and embracing a better day? This is what the miraculaous healing of offering others their second chances. You learn to let go and you would be granted your peace. Most importantly, you also allow others to improve on their humanly flaws.
Imagine yourself being denied your other chance to prove that you can do better. Do you think that you can proceed to the next episode of your life peacefully? You surely can't. That is the most significant reason of REWARDING others their second chance no matter what.
The second chance is a vital ground to mend every sort of broken relationship, unfulfilled promises, to rebuild the trust, to get your brutal words unruffled and to just put everything back together in one piece.
I admit that I hate and dislike too many people in my life. The reason being is that they fail to meet my expectation. They wrecked my life. They cause me heartbreak and headache. They take my smile away. They talk behind my back. They backstab me. You can just think of as many as unpleasant posssible occurences that one can do. BUT!!!! Do you think you are just the otherwise, behaving so saintly all throughout your life? Think of it before you decide to punish someone unreasonably and before you choose to be so unforgiving. Under my conscience, I believe I do these too-numerous-nasty things too to my dear ones and yet, I am forgiven unconditionally.
Indeed it is easier said than done. Let us put that uninspiring cliche aside first. Do not say you can't, not until you try. I have chosen to continuosly offer others their second chances regardless of countless offense they have committed.
I have been blessed to be given my second chances for as long as 23 years now. That is why I am here now and still standing very tall. What about you? Would you keep holding to your grudge?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very true walter.. :D let's live life to its fullest..forget the dark past and enjoy ur moment. holding grudge is 'SICK'.. so, dont la hold grudge tuk... i know u r tough babeh. free yourself.. okeh.. distract yourself from thinking of you DARK.. all da best..

ash_mirza said...

:).... each n everyone of us shd be given a second chance to make us better n learn... yihaaaa!!!! haha....

Walt said...

Thank you.. Let's live 'freely'..