Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am accountable of my own words, my own deeds and my own thoughts..

I understand that sometimes, I may appear rude and very sarcastic if things appeared to be not so right according to my own personal judgement. I would then openly or discreetly criticised, dependent on the severity of the damage done. When I comment, so far, I believed that I comment somewhat reasonable and fair. Maybe once I did come out with a destructive comment. Do pardon me for each.
To some, they may perceive that I wanted to show off my ability. They might as well think that I wanted to always be heard. Yeah, I do want to be heard. But, what I really wanted is to get things right. I have the slightest intention to be boastful. I know my capability and capacity well. Otherwise, I would not share my very own opinions over the matter discussed. Sadly, some think that Walter is bragging and being vain. In such a consequence, perhaps that is why a lot of people choose to merey observe, fearing that they may get a negative feedback afterwards.
To a certain extent, however, I am actually very annoyed when in a meeting or a discussion, some people prefer to be quite. Why can't they contribute? Something that I can never understand. And even more sickening is when they talk behind your back; dissatisfied with the decision made after the meeting. What right do they have to feel discontended when they refused to be a part of the meeting, keeping mum entirely and throughout the meeting?
So, in the end, the decision is made based on the discussion of the similar group of people over and over again. And of course, the pattern of the product would be more or less the same because the idea is from the same people. Another thing that I do not understand is, wouldn't these too-overly-passive people feel ashamed to admit that they are A PART of an organisation when their contribution is zerro?
Can't we be more passionate of what we are doing? Even if we are asked to do something that is not our cup of tea, please remember that it would reflect the attitude of the whole organisation. So, instead of complaining and grumbling, why can't we just get it done the best we could? In the end of the day, you still have to do it and if it is successfully organised, wouldn't you feel proud?
Feeling tired and sickened by these overwhelming phenomenon, so, the 'radical' Walter can't do much but to speak out. Sadly, when Walter voices his sometimes, unsound opinion, he garnered lots of sneer and scornful smirk from these insignificant few.
And I also realised this pattern has existed since day one. The pattern that is haunting us for like forever. When a meeting is conducted by this particular group, the leader would want everyone to be punctual and to be responsive. This someone would be upset if the rest refused to do something the way he thought was right. However, the moment the meeting is handled by the other, this particular group of people would shut their every sense. In fact, these pople would not be there on time which is very direspectful. When others did the same by coming in late to their meeting, it would be a big fuss to these sick people. Maybe they have never heard of leading by example...
Meeting is actually an avenue for everyone to share everything on earth to reach an agreeable, collective objective. Maybe, some of us are not aware of the purpose of calling for a meeting. Maybe...

No comments: