Thursday, April 30, 2009

Unpardonable noise

Some people can sleep in a noisy environment. Some can sleep with the light switched on. I can't sleep not until the silence goes deafening. Not until I am blanketed by the darkness. Not until I can only listen to the sound of the crickets. No matter how sleepy I am, shall any of these condition is violated, I would end up roling uncomfortably on my bed.. Sheep counting would not help as well if that is what you have in mind..
Can you imagine at 0100 hours or perhaps 0300 hours, inconsiderate people absurdly turn the music on loudly that the whole UKM could listen to it? And suddenly, when you are in the middle of your sleep, a motorbike passes by with its loud engine. Gosh!!! Even sickening, out of the blue, someone's slamming his door that would cause you a heart attack.. The glaring light from the street would add to my misery. Why must these happen when I am in need to make myself comfortable on my not-so-cosy bed.
Even if someone is whispering or giggling or gasping for air at the other end of the other room, at 0200 hours, everything is audible.. Your voice would be multiplied by I don't know how many times.. And YES!! The stupid PALAPES who enjoy honking in the middle of nowhere!!! You moron!!!! You foolish, brainless PALAPES!!!!!

Come on people! Things like such should not happen. At least if you have an average common sense. Asking for forgiveness would not do much. What I need is your consideration and your thoughtfulness. Hey, it's early in the morning and if you are an owl, maybe those around you are not! Keep that in mind.
Sometimes, I feel like bringing up this matter to the responsible individual. So that their damn speakers are taken away and being confiscated. I do sometimes feel like insisting on the establishment of a rule that all motobikers must turn off their engines when they are inside the college compound and drag their motorbike to the parking lot like what was done in SMB Chung Hua.
I want a cozy and sound sleep. Something that I earnestly need. If I am deprived from it, the next day would be bad. I do not think that I am being a demanding jerk here. All I need is people to learn to respect one another. But, it's hostel though. what else should I expect.
Luckily, I have a roommate who understands my wants. Sap would turn off the light
and reduce his music when I go to bed. And in return, I would try to accommodate his need too. Unlike Robin's and Ash's, if my roommate is like theirs, mental aku kelak!!

No comments: