Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A day of five-star comforrt at Mandarin Quality Hotel.








It was like living in a fairyland. It was indeed breathtaking. Everything was gorgeous and in place. I thought I have found an assylum. I was so mesmerised and spellbinded by the exquisiteness of this hotel. It is very splendour and magnificent. It is hailed as the most elegant hotel that I have ever been to by my personal yardstick.
I was actually spending my 2 enthralling days and one grandeur night with my cousin Jeremy who is here for a course conduced by the Shell consultant. I made it a commitment to see him after completing Dr. Salleh's final paper. So, there I was in KL Sentral and in seconds, I was already in KLCC all the way to this beyond-my-expectation hotel.
I went window-shopping first at KLCC as I arrived a bit early. Sale was everywhere. Owh, gosh!!! Shoot... No, no, no, no!! Not another t-shirt, Walter. Yours is piling up already. Perhaps, one for my brother and another one for my brother-in-law? Maybe something for my mom or shall I grab a thing for my sis too? What about Angel? My dad as well.. Owh yea, Aunty Catherine too. Yeah, that will do. I went checking the price out. Little have I thought that the price were absolutely reasonable. It's KLCC by the way!
My stomach was growling.. Food was next. Where at, huh? The food court or the fast food restaurant? I then ended up at A&W, trying out their famous Connie Dog Combo. Emmmm.. It's yummie. Done with my meal and it's nearly 5 p.m. I shall now make a move to the hotel.
The lobby... Hmmm.. Oowwkeey I guess.. My cousin was not there yet. Being new to the place, I decided to walk around first to see what it might offer. Not bad.. Slightly overrated. Ahhh, it's fine.. I was not going to pay for this place anyway. Hahaha.. Finally, Jeremy was there and directed me to his room straightaway. It was at the 20th floor. The tallest room that I have stayed in so far. He unlocked the room and Geeezzzzzzzzzz!!! Despite the humble-looking lobby, the room was just the otherwise! I felt like running and jumping on the bed, eih, two beds!! Damn it!! The room is indeed a reflection of urban, sophisticated and luxurious lifestyle. I love everything about the room. Every single thing. The LCD-screen TV with superb home theatre system, the awesome view from 'my bed' (KLCC is there standing tall right in front my very eyes), the gorgeous bathroom, the magnificent mini bar. I would definitely spoil and indulge myself with my new-found fairyland!! Perhaps, the shocking look on my face was too obvious that my cousin asked me to take my time, embracing this stunning room. Eheh.. I flushed a bit. :P
He has several plans in mind for our evening. We went to Berjaya Times Square to watch 3 MOVIES; The Uninvited, Coming Soon and Fast and Furious 4. It was indeed a movie marathon. Together with kilos of popcorn and light Coke one after another. And, it was my first time watching movie here in KL at Golden Screen Cinema. Pity me, huh?
Next, dinner!! We dined in at a Chinese Restaurant. Mmm. It was not a dinner. It was a banquet! A feast! He asked me to place our order.. I had a goosebumps when I went through their menu. The price, wow! Anyway, we ordered quarter roasted duck, pig knuckle, a veg, fried prawn, steam pork and meatball soup. Owh, I must say that of each was EXTREMELY EXCELLENT!! My stomach was very full that I could hardly move.
I thought we were en routing our hotel. And Jeremy told me let's check this place out. I barely remember what was it? Jungle Bar something? The place was so captivating as well. I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed the impressive music and the dazzling people around me. Everbody got a fair share to shake and sway their hips and dance to the enlightening music that really alleviated my soul. I didn't join the floor anyway. Just observing from my comfy seat.
Was it 2 or 3 in the morning that we shall close our chapter of the day. Soon after we reached our room, I went to the bathroom straight off. It's 3 in the morning and I was in the bathtub for nearly an hour!! Coddling my sore physique and easing my troubled soul. This rich experience was indeed a therapeutic remedy. Then, zzzzz....
I woke up the next morning to a mouth-watering beef steak, appetizing fresh blended fruit and scrumptious fried seafood rice vermicelli for my breakfast alongside with hot chocolate, skimmed milk and a pot of white coffee. The chef practically cooked the meal in front of us. Actually, he did it for the 'show' only. You know, flipping the dishes kind of stuff and to enhance the effect, the chef kind off setting the fire up with our delicious steak. Very professionally done and the room was full with the lovely aroma. I could not wait but to rush to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Bon appetite!!
My cousin has to leave for his meeting. So, I OWNED the room. I HAVE the room to myself!! Watching tv and enjoying salted cashew nuts, dragon fruits and Fritz Chocolate with cornflakes and yea, a can of coke and a can of Sprite anda bottle of heavenly Swell Orange juice. Soon, I have to leave too.. Hmmm.. I dearly wish that I could spend the entire week there. It's ok.
So, for the last time, before I left, I would love to enjoy the dine-in service again for my lunch. This time, I ordered fish fillet with abalone and fragrant rice plus papaya and jasmine tea. It was another luscious meal. No worries, guys! Everything would be charged to Jeremy's account or to be exact the Shell's.
At around I p.m. I reluctantly stepping out of the room. Hmmm.. till the impossible next time..


No comments: