Sunday, August 2, 2009

Not worth comparing

Walking down my life, I met a lot of people with an array of amazing and some not-to-amusing background. To each, I have a vast different reaction. I may feel extremely delighted to come to realize that I am one of those lucky person on earth. At one moment, I may feel so disheartened and not so enthralled to learn the bitter fact that I may not be able to take pleasure in what the other person is enjoying on day-to-day basis. How unlucky I felt.
I am a kind of of a person who would be spellbound with the exquisiteness that the materialistic world brings. I love to be wrapped around the idea of elegance, sophistication and classiness. Often, I found myself crawling to climb up the social hierarchy.
However, it has never been too late to grasp the fact that regardless of which social class that one may belong to, everyone is blessed with happiness. It is crucial to understand that despite one's social status, everyone is tested with challenges; no one could escape this. Neither the Queen nor the ordinary citizen is leading a life without obstacles.
Hence, shall I then keep on comparing my life with the others whom I assume more fortunate than I do? Shall I then keep my eyes blinded with the splendour display that one may elaboratively flaunt and parade? Shall I then be so disprited with others' extra fortune? I believe I shall NOT!!
We could never imagine living a life of a person that we envy. Thus, before we really turn into a green-eyed monster, perhaps it would be better to try to think of what it takes to be in his or her position.
We secretively whisper to our dear heart, "How I wish that I bla3...." I do that frequently. In such a time, often we forget that those people are human too. No one can tell the hardship that they have to face so much like us do. Everyone, no matter what is your social status, DO have problems. Only how you deal with it makes a huge difference.
What I ought to learn it to live normally. I shall now open my heart, my mind and my soul to any possibility to experience the real meaning of life or at least to enjoy this life. Joy, sorrow, greed etc are just a part of life. The very humanly nature is that we can never be satisfied with what we have, aren't we? Rather than dreaming of a life that is not yours, Walter, WORK SOMETHING OUT!! Be grateful is the only answer to my greed for my fantasy. Hahaha...

No comments: