Saturday, August 8, 2009

Frustrating Dinner at Palma D' Cafe

Did I get the name of the place right? Err.. It shares the same building with PKNS, Bangi. Anyway, I guess I ought to warn everyone to not go to this place for a buffet. Dont be blinded with the 'fantastic' presentation of their food preparation. Nothing is nice about the buffet. Not the tasteless fried rice, not the fried-kuey-teow-turn-bubur, not the overly decorative shaved ice kacang, not even the grilled uncooked chicken, not-properly-marinated lamb, foul-smelling squid and underdone fish! I missed another thing, their STEAMBOAT SUCKS!!! Owh ya, their hot dog too!! Owh my.. If happened there is a dog or a cat around, I would be as angelic as a saint to share every portion of my meal. And how I wish I could walk away and spend my RM28 for a better dinner?
However, I must compliment their Sprite because unlke any other fastfood restaurant, you would be getting the one that has been added with plain water. And yeah, thank you too for singing both of my song request. They have an OK one-piece live performance every night I supposed.
Mmmm, but if you intended to try the place still, do go for their ala-carte. And I must say, each is DIVINE!!! I tried their sandwiches, tapioca balls and hokiery beef steak (Thanks to Robin). Every dish was prepared to perfection BUT not the HORRIBLE BUFFET!! And we (Robin and I) were blinded by the splendid ala-carte that we were really excited to go for this unforeseen, dissappointing buffet. We made it a commitment to be there at 8.30 pm last Friday. But, our anticipation was not equally paid! Sigh...

No comments: