Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pulau Mutiara

I spent my entire weekend in Pulau Mutiara with my 2 dear buddies, Ash and Robin with 30 + others. It was an educational trip which would assist us with our Kampus Lestari Project. A meeting or two had been arranged so that we could have a fruitful dialogue with the students or lecturers of USM.
I was excited since it was my first visit to Penang. Could no wait to take a bus ride on the renowned Pulau Pinang Bridge, the longest in South East Asia. So unfortunate that the ride was not that fun because of the congestion. Hmmm..
After a solid 7-hour journey, we finally reached USM, claimed as the most beautful university in Malaysia.. REALLY?? How and why? I wonder!! Errr.. Sori.. Anyway, glad that we were very much welcomed by the lecturer, the staffs and the students. They were very friendly though we kept their weekend busy and occupied.
With growling stomach (we have not taken our lunch yet. So good that USM people were very thoughtful that we were served with delicious meehoon and fried chicken at the end of the 2-hour talk), we were directed to Dewan Persidangan for a talk on Kampus Lestari. To those whom are not familliar, Kampus Lestari is a project to make our environment in general and our college specifically more liveable, stress free and healthy. The talk was informative. And somethinf funny happened.
There was an informal Q&A sessions throughout this Dr. somebody's presentation which I brilliantly answered. The first two have answered creatively and were given a sort of an eco-friendly bag each. And there was a bag left. He posted another question and I cleverly answered. He somehow accepted my reponse and said that I deserved that last bag. I was given an applaud and walked confidently to the front. And with such a pride, I reached out for the bag.. Suddenly, I heard laughters and giggles.. Ooopssss.. What happened? I have taken the wrong bag. It was his that I took.. Owh my!!!!!!!! Shoot man!!! I smiled sheepishly and said, "I wanted two bags actually, for my friend." Stupid! The bags were very similar. In fact they were the same bags. The only difference was that one was his with his stuffs insde and the other one was a folded empty bag.. Enough with this treasured moment..
Okay.. We went to these places: Batu Ferringhi, Padang Kota or Penang Esplanade and the market. Nice places to go. I got to see Komtar, Queensbay Mall, Gurney Road and other few from inside the bus due to the time constraint.
I was a bit upset because we could not make it to Bukit Bendera. Cable car rosak la, traffic jam la and some other made-up reasons. This is one of my best reasons to not enjoy this trip. I mean any other group trip. I could not move in my own pace. I could not go to the place that I wanted to. I have to struggle to be amused and fascinated when in fact I did not enjoy being at the place. I have to drag my feet and put up an act; to fabricate I-love-to-be-here expression. Everything is controlled. Lots of do's and don'ts.
Owh ya.. I thought I have lost my Sony bluetooth headset too. I searched for it high and low and it was no where to be found. I felt so bad because it wasn't a RM1 or RM2 gadget. How could I possibly lost it? I was so damn careless which made I felt even more terrible. Somehow, I accidentally found it and hahahahahaha.....
I tried pesembur and char kuey teow. Surprisingly, I wasn't at all impressed. I don't really like the gravy of my pesembur and the price was owh my... (telan liur lok) very expensive.. The same goes to Penang's pride, char kuey teow.. TWO THUMBS DOWN!! Something wrong with their taste bud I guess.. At least, I have tried those..
Overall, it was indeed a trip to remember, a journey in which I learnt quite a number of thing. Maybe I'll post a new entry to share with you what have I learnt, MAYBE.. Owryte.. That's it for now.. Adios..

No comments: