Thursday, March 5, 2009

The inevitable...

I am facing the brittle-cold reality of regret. I trust people too much, love too much and giving in too much, leaving little of each for myself. Am now wishing that I have gone with the wind. Free me, someone!! Free me from the clutter, from the running noses and the worldly demand. Set me free.
Last night was one of the darkest. My tears trickled. Where had I gone wrong? All this while, I had anchored my life on naively believing in what has that person offered me was true and yet now, I found myself slipping. I believe in it no more. My heart has hardened. My perspective becomes blurry. What I once shared with you would be a moment that will forever frozen in my memory. I feel no connectedness, only emptiness.
It is true that I am physically visible. But my soul is continents away. I may look tough and strong. But beneath where no one could see, there is something else. Something that eyes could not behold,that ears could not hear, that mind could not grasp. I had scratched and scrapped my way in the world that you have created and I am mercilessly defeated. I thought I could make it this time. But....
Before, not even the threat of death could shake my life. Now, in my voyage, I am struck and started to sink. My life is now blended with horror and tears. I am now walking away to await the inevitable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear, if there's one thing i've learn all these years, it's that NEVER, EVER invest too much emotion into a particular someone. cause yes, nothing would last and people change. and it's true no matter how we try to deny it.
so, cheer up, break out, and it's a big big world out there. don't think too much cause it will only hurt you, and you deserve better.

i hope i am understanding what you're saying though..i'm not out of topic rite? =D

much love.

Walt said...

It is indeed helpful.. Thanks for sharing ur thought..