Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SMK Teknik Kajang

I am tired of doing nothing. Everything moves at snail pace. This is just my second day in SMK Teknik. I believe, these two-day mode would remain consistent for the rest of the week because the school is only moving to its third day of mid-term examination tomorrow. So, I do not have to prepare my lesson plan not until next Thursday after the examination is over. Then, only the real challenge begins!
So far, I have yet to find anything troublesome. Everyone, the Principal, the Senior Assistants and the teachers are all very helpful and accommodating. I feel really welcomed here. It appeared that I have been in SMKT for more than a day.
And yea! How I love the staff room! It is fully air-conditioned with a comfy seat and large table. I have my own locker and seated at the first row, next to my mentor. Should not I be grateful? This I must tell you! The pantry, a.k.a my bakery is just a throwing distance from my strategic seat. I bought two loaves of ButterScotch Bread already. Ahakz.. And I am also informed that wifi is also available. Owh, heaven!! Do not have the chance to try it out anyway. Soon... Very very sooon...
Other than invigilating some classes and assembling the exam paper, I have nothing else to do. The only setback is the tiring long hours that we have to spend in the school. It seems like I am taking care of both morning and afternoon sessions despite the fact that SMKT is a single-session school. The school commences at 0730 and ends at 1515/1440 from Monday to Thursday and 1230 on Friday...
Since I ride a motorbike, you can imagine how would my hair be like. Hahaha.. But, I would not allow myself to appear messy. Before anything else, with the exception of reporting for duty, I would dash into the gents to do my hair... And only then, I am ready to face the world. Mind you, I brought along my wax to the school!! It is officially my must-have item in my bag!
I feel restless because of the unreasonable waiting hours. I really have nothing to do. Scribbling a bit here and a bit there, reading and flipping through some of their magazines; (Cleo, Jelita, Glam, etc) of course you may only find women stuffs since the room is overflooded by the female!The rest of the gentlemen are mostly placed in the other room or workshop because they are teaching technical and vocational subject. Very few are with the language deparment.
Well, I definitely would be writing on my other 8-week experience in SMKT soon. And I hope that I do not have to come out with any heartbreaking entry. So unlikely though but, let's just keep the finger crossed. Adios..

4 comments:

QieYaH said...

weee...glad to hear that..ur place is so nice.. hehe..it's totally different with mine.. huhu.. the teachers are so welcomed but..hmm..the management is..so-so.. i heve to rush here and there to confirm my timetable and my mentor. want to know some more, feel free to visit my blog..ehehehe

Walt said...

I did visit ur blog.. Huhu..Lots more to come, Keah. It's onlr first-two day..

QieYaH said...

yeap..very true

Anonymous said...

hey darl its refreshing to know your side of things. its like a totally different perspective of what i have to go through everyday.

well, wish everyone the best!yeshh you can do it. XD