Saturday, May 9, 2009

Celebrating our diversity

I would forever be amused with the fact that everyone is unique. Remember this cliche? One's meat is the other's poison? What I like the most may turn out to be the thing that you despiced the most. And what I treasured the most may disgust you terribly.
It is not rare though to share our affection of something with others which captivates me the least. I am fascinated to really understand and appreciate this diversity that is widely dispersed in order to wholly value everyone that I know. Perhaps, that is the solution to enhance the peace-keeping effort. I mean, to avoid conflict. Huhuhu..
You may work best this way but I find it ridiculous when in fact, you are more productive doing it the way you prefer. I would normally, unwisely choose to ignore this very ESSENTIAL fact. If I really live by the very principle that everyone has their own way to survive, that my tool kit is very different from yours, I might not be trapped within my unfair judgment; believing mine is always the correct way in dealing with things.
Sometimes, I just can't see what you see.. Sometimes, I just can't comprehend why have you chosen the path which is very different from mine.. Sometimes, I thought that I am right when in the end, I am dumbfounded to realize that my opinion is wide of the mark.
Avoid destructive remark and give each other some space to deliver their thought. Take pride in what we are doing but, do not allow your selfish and mindles contemplation to ruin the beauty of this diversity. Do not be too harsh to yourself and to others. Be critical of yourself first before you start to look for others weaknesses. It's always easy to point out others' flaws and not your own.
You and I are just two different beings; trying to make each passing day a better one. Maybe it is best to be tolerant and broadminded to enable us to accommodate my need and your need. Let's work it your way and my way to achieve our shared goal.


No comments: