Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teaching

This is my second week doing my teaching practice. I thought, I would love it. I mean slowly, the passion would grow and the flame would be wild. And I guess, I have to really reconsider my judgement. I started to dislike this career path that I am now dealing with. To pull myself out from this track seems to be the last possible thing that I could ever do. It is not even near the last resort of mine. Like it or not, I have to live in a constant denial; pretending to like the path that I dislike. Yea, tell straight to my face that this is a noble profession. Tell me also that being one would guarantee me a secure future. But, furrrrleeaseeeeeeeeeee!!!
Gosh.. Never thought that I would return to school again. I thought, the moment I stepped out from my high school year, that would indeed be the last. And now, the story is just the otherwise. What other choices do I have but to learn to be in love with this so-called dignified line of work?
Like many other numerous friends of mine who shared the same tragedy, we love the English Language but not the accompanying, attached career! (Hey.. It's TESL ok, Walter! TEACHING ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE! TEACHING is placed as the first word just in case you have forgotten, Walter!)
When your heart is screaming and yearning for something else, for an impossible and unworkable wish, do you know how crippled would you feel? Where may I find my inspiration?

2 comments:

arthur said...

bro~ that'll be suck! hmm~ maybe u should taking up a hobby..just like me n' my music..hey..play guitar or drums or piano~

Nana said...

I can cry reading this. Well said walter! I should love this right?? should!! huhu