Friday, May 1, 2009

Gawai... 30 days to go...

Wow, we are approaching the middle of the year already.. I could smell my mum's pansuh and my dad's bbq meat.. (Drooling...) Gawai is like so near that I really feel like flying home, helping with the preparation. It was always me who hung the curtain, did the dusting, fixing the lighting, just about anything, normally all by myself since the rest are working. How else can I contribute right? I have to make sure that everything was just in place. And of course, it would end with final touch-up from my ever-creative mum and sista who would make everything 120% more pleasantly arranged.
Actually, I am so suprised that I still have that Gawai spirit blazing deep inside. Remarkable. This Gawai however, I would do the least since I'll be home only on Gawai Eve. I pity my mum because she got to do everything on her own. Of course my father would be helping her. And my sis is six-month pregnant. Nothing much could she do as well.. Mummy, so sorry..
Normally, I would be busying myself thinking of the menu, making sure that we cook and prepare something new and special. I would lend a helping hand to slaughter the pig. Cleaning all the bulus and all.. Stuff like that.. Unbelievable? Eheh.. Each gawai, we possibly try to add in as much variety to our menu. Last year, we prepared pansuh manuk, pansuh ikan, pansuh pork (excuse me), ketupat, mix vege, chicken curry, rendang daging, popia kentang, laksa sarawak and my mum's signature pulut daging.
I feel akward to be elsewhere while the rest of the family will be working so hard for the coming Gawai. I know how tiring it would be. Hmmm.. I hope Aunty Catherine would be celebrating this Gawai with us so that my mum would be greatly assisted. Yea, Adrian would be helpful too. Good luck, mummy!!! My pa, he has to be a lone ranger with is stuff.. His specialties are in roasting and jaga-ing pansuh.. Babun, make sure you HELP, k. Or otherwise, I'll knock your head so hard that you would not be able to enjoy this Gawai.

Selamat Hari Gawai ke kitak semua, sama rami, sama gaga, ngintu ari besai kitai.. Gayu guru, gerai nyamai, lantang senang nguan menua..Ooooohaaaa

6 comments:

LovelyEyna said...

hahahaha... :) that sure sounds festive! :) kmk pun sik sabar nak balit rumah. another 30 days to go... wwwoooohhhhhooooo!!! ;D

Walt said...

wooohooooooooooo... Flyin' home!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG. can tapau for me??? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


T.T

i want the bbq thingy. yummm

Walt said...

Hahahaha.. sure.. do come over and visit me during Gawai...

Anonymous said...

aiee sedihhhh..how am i suppose to do that??

T.T

Walt said...

Check out the price for air ticket.. And there you go.. Bon voyage.. hahaha