Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Teaching Practice

My stomach is now full with dozens of butterflies and maybe 10 or 20 other dragonflies. While I am looking forward to discover what does it mean to impart knowledge in others, the thought of standing in front of a hopefully-well-behaved students is indeed frightening. Would they be listening to me? Would I be able to share my knowledge and effectively deliver them? Would I be able to captivate my students? Would I be leaving any positive impact in my future students' life?
And, how about the teachers, my colleagues to-be? Would they be helpful and accommodating? Would they be willing to guide? Wouldn't I be their punching bag instead? Would they be able to accept me wholeheartedly?
These are some of the questions that occupy my mind at current. Lots of discouraging myths have been reverberating in my conscious psyche. But, there is no way out. Like it or not, in less than four days time, I'll be carrying out my teaching practice at SMK Teknik, Kajang together with my buddy, Robin with Dr. Jamil as our supervisor.
It may be challenging. It definitely would. I hope I would not find so much trouble during this eight-week teaching practice. I also hope that I could bring as much positive transformation as possible to make this training a worthwhile one.
I have a lot of activities in mind actually. I again and again hope that the students will be motivated to learn English purposefully. I dearly pray that I may accomplish my duty excellently. I am in need to keep this spirit of mine blazing while I am carrying the title "CIKGU."
Guys, this is the time! Let us utilised it fully. This is the time to tell the world that we are not just another product, but we are THE PRODUCT! Let us triumph over this significant battlefield of our life as an ENGLISH TEACHER! All the best!

No comments: