Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gran Torino

I really have a good time watching movie back home. I have just finished another worth watching one. GRAN TORINO it is. I know that it is not well-publicized. It was not even in the limelight when it was on the screen sometimes in 2008. But owh, boy! This movie would not disappoint you. Pardon the old man's crude language, but the language used accentuates the atmosphere that the director wanted to create. Also be patient with the slowly developed plot line. But, your waiting pays off when you reach its ending.
I watched the movie by accident. My brother got it downloaded because of the title. He loves car anyway and thus, such a title would attract him. He told me that a Gran Torino is a super car something like Mustang. If you are into car, you surely know better than I do myself.
I would have to say that it is a movie full with driving emotion. While I laughed at the jovial, interesting, vulgar conversation the casts have, I was also moved to tears, except that I did not cry for goodness sake! A merit shall be credited to the scriptwriter!!! Whoever you are, I just love your work damn much! Beautiful and evocative lines you got there. Each touches me rather deeply.
Hey, but, man, Gran Tarino is a superb movie. I hate to say that it might be better than 2012. it is about Walt, (what a coincidence huh? I am known as Walt too) an Englishman folk who is a Korean war Veteran become a fast friend with Thao, a Hmong, a race that one may find somewhere in Tibet, Korea and Vietnam. Their friendship is what I call THE FRIENDSHIP!! I would not spill all the bean here. Read up the synopsis of the movie yourself. Google it and you would be amused by its humble review. What are you waiting for? Watch it now, fellas!!

No comments: