Thursday, November 19, 2009

What happened at 4:30 p.m.

At 4.30 p.m., you would not find me elsewhere but in the kitchen. This is practically my routine for every evening. I will begin with re-heating the dishes that my mum has prepared earlier in the afternoon. I would only have to prepare a vegetable for the dinner.
In case you guys are wondering, during weekdays, there would be nobody at home for lunch. But, the table would be fully occupied for dinner after everyone reaches home from work after 5pm. So, dinner is the get-together time for my family. Sometimes with the exception for my mum who at times would have to work for an evening shift. In that case, my mum would prepare the main dish before leaving for work. The rest, I'll get it ready. And if she is around, it would be like a kind of son-and-mum collaboration for dinner preparation.. Every dish is of the highest quality and flavor, prepared well and presented in an artful manner.
I love the idea of eating at home because the gourmet that is prepared might not be available even at any 5-star hotel. The hygiene is there. The quantity is there. A complete package under one roof that is affordable and simply delicious. The quality is beyond any doubt minus the exquisite table manner that is required at any lavish or posh eatery places.
At 5.20p.m, I would be expecting my sister, my brother-in-law and my father to be around. And yeah, my brother Arthur who appears from nowhere. LOL... They are hungry of course after a-day work. Dinner time would be our quality time. Sharing jokes and not so often, you might as well expect a deafening silent at the table.. Hahaha..
Next, the dish-washing. Again, I would not let my sister to do that. Even most of the times, there would be a struggle between my brother-in-law and I to wash the pot, the plates, the forks and the spoons, I would ensure that I am the first at the washing area. After all, I have nothing else to do right? They have been working for all day long and they need some rest. I CANNOT treat my own house like a hotel. This is on of my contributions to the family. Furthermore, their two darling princesses needed them much more than I do.
Well, the kitchen routine would normally end at 7pm. I would leave the kitchen all shiny and ever ready for our next meal.

No comments: