Wednesday, November 4, 2009

a friend like henry

I found this book on Sapri's bed. Was actually attracted to the charming little boy and his gorgeous dog by his side on its cover. Little that I knew that Dale, the boy is suffering from auttism. His face is so cute and adorable for that matter of fact. Anyway, who says the book cover does not matter? Hahaha..
Then, I was intrigued to find out more by flipping through its first few pages. Owh, my, hate it that this book is brilliant! Just brilliant! And now, I am hooked. Making my way to its last page.
This book would not dissappoint you. Of that I am very certain. This book is a tearjerker one. My eyes were teary and all-flooded. Basically because it evocatively reminded me of the sacrifices that our parents have made. Pardon me for being emotional here.
This novel is also very inspiring and uplifting. It is perspective-enriching too. If you say that your life is CURSED, try to switch place with Dale, an autistic boy. Then, I hope you stop saying and grumbling how bad your life is.

This heart-warming novel taught me not only to be gratified with what have our parents provided for us but to be appreciative that we are born without any abnormalities. Our life couldn't be better right? The obstacles are just cliches that we have to wisely tackled.
Again, the notion of a dog as man's bestfriend is very well manifested in this novel. Go and grab this novel now. And yea, I am not paid for promoting this book. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish to have 1..but i still have 3 other novels, waiting to be read..y im so lazy!!(Yelling inside heart)