Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tribute to my late grandma..

I was shocked when I learnt that my grandmother had cervical cancer. "Aiya, nothing much laa.. I am getting better," she declared. "You don't have to come to visit me and call me that often, ok. It would be costly. Save it for a better purpose." I could still possibly listen to her reaassuring words audibly. Each echoes vividly.
However, the chemotheraphy had taken its toil. She looked frail and worn. Still, she chirpily mentioned how she lovingly spent her time looking after her young grandchildren. Even in her critical condition, she was doing what she did best - NURSING!
She gave no hint of pain. But I knew and God knew that the pain was definitely there...
I thought she would be there for my convocation thanksgiving dinner. I thought she would be there to witness his beloved grandson tying a knot with his other half, to be there to witness that blessed matrimony.... I thought I would be able to buy her some kain.. To spend some of my first salary taking her out for a vacation... To be there to.... Inik, I miss you...

No comments: