Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home

Gosh.. I have been experiencing few sleepless night from the moment I came back here (UKM) from a too-short holiday back home. I thought I was suffering from imsomnia. No.. I am not. Being away from home for nearly 6 years does not cure my homesickness at all. Errr.. To be exact, I have been leaving my comfort zone for nearly 8 years... How would I be ever to redeem every single second that I spent beyond home? 2 years in MRSM, 4 years in IPBL and now another 2 years in UKM is a journey of prime of life.
I miss the comfort of my room. The pillow, the bed, my bolster and of course the newly-installed air-cond (my 23rd birthday gift + cash, hehehe). I miss everything at home. Not to mention my lovely family that blanketed me with endless passion. I never like the idea of being away from home. Unlike my other buddies, they find their solace in the alien world in which I find unexciting at all.
Even if I have only 5-day break, I will grab that golden chance to fly home regardless the asphyxiating price of the air-ticket. Maybe some would argue that holiday is the time to explore the other part of the world. Indeed it is. An ironic here is that, I am the one who savour travelling. I love to go to new places. In fact that is one of my greatest craze. However, I can never discard the thought of being home.
I would also make sure that I have bought everyone a small token. I would be debating with my inner-self. What should I get for my mummy, my aba, Ad, Angel, Babun, Ida, Angel and now Ann. It is my immense delight to see their sparkiling faces upon receiving my little souvenier which I wrapped with tender thought.
At home, I'll try my very best to lessen the burden of mother who is the caretaker of the house. Since my sister is in the hospital still with her baby Ann, MY MUMMY has to RUN the household chores all by herself. Of course, my father and Ad would help but my mum would work extra harder, in fact the hardEST to ensure that everything is in place. Can you imagine that she has to wake up as early as 5 in the morning to sweep & mop the floor, to do the laundry, to cook the breakfast as well as the lunch and to do the dishes? Besides, she has to care of Angel. Later, she has to rush for work. And upon reaching home, she has to fold the clothes. And she is now nearly half a century old. I adore every bit of the energy that she has in store. If I am around, at least I would not allow her to do anything but to enjoy her ready breakfast and to come home from work enjoying the show on TV.
I would also love to help my father with the house maintenance. To help him with the ironing. To help Ad with Angel. So that they may find ease at home after the hectic days in the office. I normally am the driver; sending to and picking people up from work with Angel as my co-driver. I guess now you know why it is important for me to be home.
Maybe some guys out there would sneer at me. He DOES the GURL's work! WHATEVER!! Come on, guys. If you do have that set of mentality, SHAME on you. Be merciful, ok. Mopping the floor, sweeping, dusting, wiping the window, preparing the meal, cleaning the drain, weeding, ironing, tidying the room up and cleaning the dishes are just few ways to express your gratitude to your parents. They have been working so hard to make sure that you are whom you are today! I hate it when some of my guy friends treat heir house like a hotel. Malula, oi! I did all of the household chores and I never grumble. What to grumble about anyway? If my mun and my aba could, why couldn't I?
I have an abondoned project last holiday. Going to get it done this comin' Raya break. I painted my sister's bedroom already. I get the wooden floor upstairs and the staircase varnished as well. Another one which is not done is the main gate. Will get it and the grill repainted with a more brilliant colour. My pending and waiting work.. huhuhu

No comments: