Sunday, July 12, 2009

To my Aba Piput, with love!

I raised my voice,
At my aba one day,
Because I want him to understand,
What he may unintentionally overlooked
Inadvertently disregard

And now,
I regretted what I did,
Piput,
You do know that I did not mean to be rude,
I did not mean to be harsh
I did not mean to be direspectful
I did not mean to be spiteful
I want to make things correct

You came to my room the morning after,
Very apologetic,
Earnestly saying "Sorry, Pan!"
I responded with a nod and a smile,
"Aba, forgive me for my trespass too!!"
Sob, sob...
A heart of a father
And a heart of a son

He then said,
"Let's go shopping."
I jumped from my bed with pleasure
Thanks, God!
It's over
We understand each other better now.

For the intense passion that our hearts are chained,
No word, no deed may severe the link that forever be strong,
Stronger than it was yesterday and it is today.

No comments: