Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Movie-goer

I am a movie-maniac. I constantly check for what is up-to-the-minute in the cinema. Thank you to the Internet that keeps me updated. After I heard of what would be aired in the cinema from the radio or perhaps from the TV advertisement or maybe from the local daily, I will then watch the trailer which is easily accessible from YouTube. Then, I find it necessary to go through the review or critics of the movie. Normally, this is how it goes. If I am so interested with the movie, I probably make it through all of that just as fast as the list reads. Hehehehe..

In Sibu, the only cinema that I would go to is King’s Trioplex. I am left with not much option either. I could only go to King’s Trioplex or Star Cineplex. The later has never amused me. However, the theatrical experience offered by King’s Trioplex is barely adequate to gratify my passion for a high-end sound system on the High Definition screen. I am quite flustered somehow with the underrated quality of the cinema. Not only the uncomfortable, fabric chair ripped me from my supposedly-treasured-movie-moment but the people who watch the movie get on my nerves a hell lot!!! Smoking in the cinema is not rare in Sibu. Switching their mobile phone to at least the silent mode is also a culture that is hardly embraced. Talking as loud as the speaker inside the cinema is not another alien, frustrating encounter. Despite all that, I am still very eager to be the first to watch the latest and most-talk-about movie in the cinema. Watching it on TV is different unless my house is equipped with an impressive home-theatre system.

No comments: