Monday, June 28, 2010

I miss...

Thanks God that I was chosen to join UKM-IPGKBL link programme. I was able to experience living independently in 2 different but equally exciting places. Studying in UKM may not be as electrifying as studying abroad but yeah, I loved it there as much as I love Kuching.
Right at his very moment, I kinda miss my life as a student. It was a totally carefree life. My only concern other than studying and maintaining my grade was making sure than I got my assignments done. Perhaps, less than a quarter of my youthful undergrad's life was dedicated to 'learning,' the rest was for entertainment. a
What I love the most and in fact still is, was sight-seeing. I love going to new places and trying new food. Catching up with new movies was also a must. Window-shopping was a pleasure too. I was trying not to miss any free concert or show as well.
Right now, I miss not only my perfectly lighthearted and insanely blithe world, but I wanted to be in KL so bad. Whenever I go to Sibu town, I always find it so unbeliavably empty and uninteresting. You have only a choice or two and mybe after about a minute or so, you are left with nothing much. I have been going to and roaming around the same old places sesnselessly for the past 2 decades.
And as the food lover, I can't help but to continuoulsy lament on the little variety of food that Sibu has to offer. Fine, I love kampua and kompia plus one or two other local delicacies. But I am a big fan of Western cuisine too. Of this, I could only drool when my mind wanders to as far as Tony Romas, Chillis, San Fransisco Pizza, Sushi King, Domino's Pizza and the like.. Shall I include the mamak stall too that sells a yumylicious Nan Kima and as well as few Chinese Restaurants that offer a surprisingly reasonable deal?
Sibu however offers me a peace of mind. It is indeed a very tranquil place unlike KL which is a sleepless city. My point is, I love STAYING in Sibu and to accommodate my young and restless soul, a place like KL is where I need to be..

No comments: