Wednesday, January 5, 2011

You don’t care

I am so disheartened that you did not even bother to come and to pay me a visit at such a trying time. I do not expect you to come with a basket full of fruits from every corner of the earth. All I need is your encouragement. I need you to support me morally. I need to listen to your get-well wishes. I need to feel your warmth. I do believe that you knew it so very well how good words may put one’s spirit on a pedestal, no? And hey, none of those would cost you a penny. At its slightest, a sms that reads “Can’t wait to see you on your feet again!” would do. Outwardly, you are a very thoughtful person. Apparently, your true-self has surfaced itself. Slowly, I get to learn that you are after all not a compassionate person. Maybe I am so unimportant, so insignificant or extremely irrelevant thus I do not deserve a moment of your so precious time. One day, if such a thing happens to you, I will show you what compassion and empathy are.

No comments: