Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Earning Money

My way of earning money is self-manipulation at its best. At current, if I depend solely on my salary as a teacher, buy the third week, you would see less of my appearance in kedai kopi. A quarter of it goes to my car. You must be thinking that I have been spending my money prodigiously. Walter must be extravagant and recklessly wasteful.With the amount of money he has, how could he already suffer by ONLY the third week? Does not he has more than sufficient amount of money with him? Dahla tinggal dengan family? Good questions you got there.
Nothing in this world is for free, no? The moment you switched on your car engine, the moment you passed by a toll, the moment you turned on the water pipe, the moment your mouth begins chewing, the moment you lit up your room, the moment you make a phone call, EVERY moment is always tagged with a price.
Staying at my parents' does not exclude me from the responsibilities of paying up for bills, groceries etc. I hardly spend a single cent for myself. If I go for a bowl of kampua, you would see my mum sitting next to me. If you catch a glimpse of me in KFC or Pizza Hut, people could have mistaken me as a father of two lovely kids. Before you knew it, the luxurious 4-digit CASH on the ATM screen would soon become 2-digit.
Thus, I try to find a way out which is, hmmm, easy. As I said earlier on, my way of earning more pocket money is pretty much self-manipulative. Hence, I am making the best out of me. I am now an English teacher not only in SMK Bandar Bintangor but in Top Tuition School as well. 60% from the tuition fee of each student will go directly into my empty wallet.
What is my other way? Well, a lonely, 40-minute drive to my school would be a mind-numbing journey. Moreover, I have to pay for RM6 for a day trip for an overpriced toll bridge. So, this one lucky day, I was approached by a teacher who asked for my mercy to give him a ride, not a free ride but a ride that would add more cash into my account. Now, the journey is truly warmth not only because of his company but his $$$ too. Mind you, he does not have to pay for the car monthly installment. He has to pay for the fuel only. At least my burden is now halved.
I am happier now with my financial situation. I am no tauke. So, I just need to be careful with my spending. I however, do not have to watch too closely where does every ringgit go to. I have a short, great life to enjoy too, right?

No comments: