Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What have I gone through for the past 22 years..

U may feel like I am being full with self-love at the first part of this entry.. I am not trying to be boastful, big headed, arrogant or vain here… Let’s keep it at that spirit, yea.. Just to share the story of my life with you.. However, at the second part of this entry, u r welcomed to have compassion with one of the bleakest moment of my life EVER documented… I’ll try to make each episode brief..
Well, ever since I stepped into the world of Alma mater, I was always the favourite student of this teacher and that teacher.. I dont know what had they seen in me which made I a dear student to them.. Yea, I was very well-mannered but not a sort of student who loved to curry-favour.. I was the Ketua Kelas since kindergarten until Primary 6. I was as well, hand-picked by Cikgu Mong Ing Sia, our Dicipline Teacher as SUDC No.2 Head Prefect. I got to join Pidato Piala Di-Raja, poem recitation, leadership camp, story-telling competition, World Boyscout’s Day, Kuiz kesihatan and lots more.. I never missed any medal, the least, third placing..
Into my high school years, I moved to SMK Bukit Lima.. And again, I cdnt run away from Ketua Tingkatan.. Not until I was chosen as the school prefect when I was in Form 2, then I have to be replaced by a friend of mine. Form 3: Ketua Bahagian Teknikal.. Until today, I dont think I was fit for that position, simply because I have to deal with electronic gadgets which I was and still am very poor with.. I have to ensure tat our P.A. system worked well when it came to event like weekly school assembly and Cerificate and Prize Giving Ceremony.. In SMK Bukit Lima, i was given a lot of avenue to further exploit my potential and enhance my ability.. I was in the debating team and busy myself with almost every school event, outside and inside.. Representing school for various tournaments is my bread and butter.. Then, I repeat my feat when I passed with vibrant colour for PMR.. Then, my parents thought it was wise for me to leave SMK Bukit Lima and moved to SMK Chung Hua..
Again, SURPRISINGLY, I was chosen as KETUA TINGKATAN 4G.. I was nobody at tat time as compared to my other classmates who were far more qualified and smart and familiar with the school; they have been loyal to Chung HUa and remained they until their STPM. I was only a new comer and again, I was given tat opportunity ever again to be the class monitor.. Reluctantly, I acceppted the responsiblity.. Honestly, I felt intimidated to be surrounded with BRAINS, and GENIUSES of Chung Hua.. I was also the only Iban (the rest were Chinese) and Ifelt so small not until 2 Iban ladies came a bit later.. My 4G’s mates were very supportive of me. They guided me and taught me and treated me with respect.. Finally, I felt accepted (in fact, I was accepted since day one) and was very happy to be with them.. I was loved by them and of course the teacher.. Even the most feared English Teacher of Chung Hua said that she likes me because I kept my beautiful smile which makes the impossible, possible (Miss Yong, 2004).
Wong Ping Hong, my tablemate was very helpful. Trying her best to ensure tat I understand th teacher explanation ecspecially for subjects like Add Math and Physics which I was extremely poor at.. Ngu Leh Wei, Alphonsus and few others were also as handy..
Nearing the month of April, my father told me that perhaps MRSM was my next destination.. I was half-hearted. To leave Chung Hua is an option tat I wanted to possibly leave unattended.. But, I was curious with wat might MRSM hold for me… At last, I sadly and nervously nodded.. Sad because i have to leave my sweet friends and passionate teachers. I was nervous because I had made a decision to stay in a boarding school which means I would have to leave my home…
Then, my class held a surprise Majlis Perpisahan for me.. It was an emotional one and I have just realized that my 4G classmates really valued me highly.. The blackboard was wonderfully decorated.. They must have wasted a box of chalks just to show me how much I meant to them.. The food was terrific.. Wat was more, I received a very meaningful card from them which was handed to me by my penolong ketua tingkatan, Kang Chin Sia alongside with a magnificent jade horse!! I was also given a motivational book my Guru Kelas cum Chemistry teacher, Puan Tan Ai Ni.. She took the trouble to write me a ‘love letter.’ The event was also attended by the teachers who taught us and UNEXPECTEDLY, our School Principle.. Not only she attended the ceremony, BUT she was there to give an inspiring speech accompanied by some words of advise. I remembered she was saying tat it was indeed a great lost for Chung Hua.. Who was I?? I was only a student who studied in Chung Hua not more than 4-month.. I was obviously flattered and honoured.. I LOVE SMK CHUNG HUA!!!
MRSM.. Here, I expereinced a lot of life-enriching and heartbreaking memories.. And again, I dont know, for wat reason was I hand-picked by the principal to be the first Iban Ketua Lembaga Disiplin Pelajar (head prefect) merangkap Naib Timbalan I Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar.. Again, I was new, barely reaching my second month there.. I knew, and I was aware that the students who have been in MRSM for 3 years or more felt the decision made by the principal wasnt fair and very unreasonable. Well, with hesitance, I carried out my duty.. It was too much to handle for I was still trying to adapting to the hostel life..
MRSM taught me the value of frienship.. Real and true friend would stay and the otherwise wd simply walk away..
I encountered a lot of bitter-sweet incidences here.. I was yelled at, threatened, spitted at and mmmm… I better stop it at this or else the wound… hmmmm… I felt like a trash!! Too much to bear.. Well, they dont like me because I was SKEMA!! I cdnt compromise.. I wasnt flexible.. WATEVER!! Given my position, I believe u wd exercise it the way I did.. But, I have to admit it, only if I was more tolerant and wise, only this tear-jerking experience wdnt happen.. But come on, I need their guidance instead!!! I was new and I was LEARNING, OKEY!!! Shockingly, in a solemn Majlis Restu held days b4 SPM started, those who have caused me an emotional breakdown were sincerely asking for my forgiveness for watever they have done.. I felt numb, didnt know wat to do.. To forgive or to????
If u r fighting, fight with pride and righteousness. It may seem like u r at the losing end.. But, in the end, u r indeed THE MAN!!
Roddy, Alvin, Azizi, Farhan, HAteem, Jesper, Mathias, Ted, Philemon and too-many-to-be-named here were always stood by me.. U have to get through them first before u cd catch me.. And I have almost every junior’s support, I could not imagine without them, how would my life be in mRSM? I cant agree no more that it would indeed be a self-destructing experience..
I was HATED by some and LOVED and ADORED by few.. In life, you and I cant satisfy everyone. That is fact no. 1. No.2, in life, u have to be adaptable to ur new surrounding to ensure your survival. No.3, no matter how painful it is, keep an open mind that no matter how dark it is, the sun will shine tomorrow (Alvin, 2004). Fact no.4 no pain no gain.. No.5 Be thankful and appreciate wat u have. No.6 Stand up for urself with conceit. Go in the name of God and u will make it tru.. Lastly, No.7 Man is indeed a social creature. Thus, make friends not enemy..
Through mistake I learnt greatly…
Through you I walked steadily..

No comments: