Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ninja Assassin and New Moon


I was not actually planning to watch these two splendid movies last night. But, I did plan to watch either one not too early to avoid the huge crowd. So, a week or two after their premier would be just nice. To my delight, these two box-office movies did not upset me. I spent RM36 on these movies. 2 sets of ticket; my brother and I. Not only King's Triplex benefited from my investment, but I believed those who went there to watch the movies were also enchanted with each beau.
Watching Ninja Assassin was like taking a ride on a roller-coaster. Starred by Rain, Asian very own superstar, this piece is surely not for the faint-hearted. I myself found the movie very disturbing with devilishly reddish blood splashing on the screen almost every single second. Too much spine-chilling scenes and goosebumps moments. I hardly breath and at times, when I was spared a moment of peace, I could feel an intense relief gushing up my nerve. Anyway, it touches the issues on betrayal, loyalty and trust pretty well. "BLOOD BEGETS BLOOD.." Enough said. However, despite its astonishing portrayal of troubling act, I just love it.
New Moon, on the other hand, is just on the contrary. While Ninja Assassin claimed its pride in its awesome manifestation of superb martial art skill, New Moon has crafted love twist, endless romance and the-best-man-win attribute into a magnificent production. To certain extent, those lovey-dovey scenes could caused someone a turbulence inside one's stomach. Still, i would give it a two-thumb up praise!
Actually, when I was watching Twilight 2: New Moon, my mind was bewildering. I was reflecting on a real life occasion which happened back in UKM. There were a lot of "aaa" moment from the beginning till the end. I wouldn't be giving too much details on what I was reflecting on. If you have watched the movie and if you have read my previous-previous blog entries, you would surely know what am I talking about here.
It was 11.30p.m. when my brother and I left the cinema. Needed to entertain our growling stomach. After a RM5 kuetiau goreng basah, a RM5 salad sotong, and a glass of Teh C Peng Special each, we went home and zzzzz...

No comments: